Friday, January 16, 2009

Alternative Medicine

Apart from our streamyx ada problem sikit few days back, I myself was not feeling very well. Actually, I'm taking some herbal medicine as recommended by my cousin who is a HPA herbalist (who is also my sponsor :) ) and I believe that this is some kind like 'healing crisis'.

Personally, I am a believer of alternative medicine. For that reason as well, I was seriously (and incidentally) involved in a direct selling business for almost three years in which the experiences i gained - i really3x appreciate. (Probably I will share on this later)

Alternative medicine or some used the term complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) as referred to Wikipedia is any healing practice that "does not fall within the realm of conventional medicine". This includes naturopathy, homopathy, herbalism, chinese medicine (seng sei), ayurvedic, chiropratic, acupuncture, etc ...not to forget perubatan Islam. Simply said, CAM does not use drug-based medicine as part of the treatment. It is holistic in nature and aims to improve the wellness of the body system as a whole rather than trying to fix part(s) of it.

So, if you ever try any CAM treatment, here are some tips based on my experience:
  1. First and foremost, make sure you consult a right and knowledgable person before you consume any CAM. As for me, i seek recommendation and choose established practices and trusted brand. (Don't go to any pelik-pelik treatment which might harm you ultimately!)

  2. If you need to take any 'medicine' i.e herbs, supplements, etc - take it for 3 consecutive months. This is because our body needs at least a cycle of 90 days to adapt and for us to see the effectiveness of the treatment/theraphy.

  3. Normally, during the period, you will go through a 'healing crisis' depending on what your health problem is. i.e you may feel very sleepy and tired, pain all over or some parts of your body, fever, etc, etc.. Be patient. DO NOT STOP taking the medicine because this should only be temporary - CAM as mentioned - is to rectify your total wellness and body system. Anyhow, you may and are actually recommended to see doctors for further check up.

I myself, do go to doctor(s). I believe both should complement each other. After all, the knowledge, the resources is from HIM. The cure is also from HIM, Al Syafii ..

2 comments:

  1. A'kum...
    boleh tak kirim belikan spirulina, nak harapkan my hubby, lambat banyak la nak dibelinya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanti nak pegi, saya tepon tny nk kirim apa ye ..

    ReplyDelete